Monday, September 24, 2012

{Review} Crave - Laura J. Burns & Melinda Metz



Shay could never do the things her friends could--never try out for sports, never go to parties, never fall in love. Because of the mysterious and incurable blood disorder she was born with, she can barely make it through three days of school a week.

But now, her doctor-turned-stepfather has a brand-new treatment that he thinks will change everything. And it does. As soon as the new blood starts pumping into Shay's veins, she has visions of a different life...Gabriel's life. She sees an orphanage, loss, fangs, blood, and lust that she can't explain.

Is Gabriel real? And if he is, could he really be what she thinks he is?





I came across this book by chance. I was at the bookstore going through the clearance books looking for something interesting and then I see this amazing cover (that picture doesn't do the colors on the cover justice) and had to check it out. I loved this book, the story was original and kind of different from other vampire books I've read lately.

The story is told with dual narratives from Shay and Gabriel. The story starts with Shay who has an unknown blood disorder which requires her to have regular blood transfusions to keep her alive. She has always been "the sick girl" who just tries to survive through her days. When starting a new treatment she starts having visions of Gabriel who she quickly realizes is a vampire. She tries to figure out whether the visions and Gabriel are real. We get to meet Gabriel through Shay's vision and learn he is a very complex character and I wish there was more of him in the story as I want to know more about him.

There were some interesting twists and some major bombshells dropped that I wasn't expecting and I could really go on about, but I don't want to spoil anything. The ending left on quite a cliffhanger which made me wish I would have pick up the second book Sacrifice when I bought Crave. 


Rating













No comments:

Post a Comment