Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Silent Song - Ron C. Nieto




The princess of the school, Alice, is keeping a secret that could strip her of her high school fame. She is obsessed with the school’s outcast, Keith, but not just him – his music.

Since the inspiration for the song hit, Keith can’t get it out of his mind. The song must be played; it demands to be played. He knows the music is changing him, but he is unable to stop it.

Music has the ability to move you, enlighten you, and take you to places you have never dreamed of. And this particular piece? It has a life of its own and makes you forget who you really are.

As Keith and Alice learn of one another to the notes of that one perfect tune, they can overlook their roles and discover who they could be together. But they also discover someone else is listening and intends on keeping Keith to herself, possibly for an eternity.


It seemed like the world was against me getting this book started. Every time I picked it up something interrupted me. Once I was able to sit down and read for more than 15 minutes I quickly became engrossed in the story.

At first the story felt like a contemporary romance, with the popular girl finding herself attracted to the school outcast. About halfway through things start to take an interesting turn that had me on edge waiting to get to the next page. The plot was different from anything else I've read recently. Music plays a huge part throughout the story and Ron does a great job of have the reader see the music though the eyes of Alice.

I likes the character Alice and how she developed through the story going from someone that worries about how people see her to some that doesn't care what other think and worries more about the people she cares about. Keith was my favorite character the more I found out about him the more I liked him, and I've said this before guys with guitars are golden for me. Anna and David were great supporting characters, I liked that they didn't fall in line with everyone else and showed a little backbone. I hated Lena and Ray and just wanted them to get what they deserve throughout the book. And Sparrow was awesome I want him to come live in my room.

Silent Song is Ron C. Nieto's debut novel and if everything else she writes is as good as this, then I can't wait to read more.

Rating


No comments:

Post a Comment