Sunday, June 17, 2012

Existence (Existence Trilogy, #1) - Abbi Glines


What happens when you're stalked by Death? You fall in love with him, of course.
Pagan Moore doesn't cheat Death, but instead, falls in love with him.
Seventeen year old Pagan Moore has seen souls her entire life. Once she realized the strangers she often saw walking through walls were not visible to anyone else, she started ignoring them. If she didn't let them know she could see them, then they left her alone. Until she stepped out of her car the first day of school and saw an incredibly sexy guy lounging on a picnic table, watching her with an amused smirk on his face. Problem is, she knows he's dead.
Not only does he not go away when she ignores him, but he does something none of the others have ever done. He speaks. Pagan is fascinated by the soul. What she doesn't realize is that her appointed time to die is drawing near and the wickedly beautiful soul she is falling in love with is not a soul at all.
He is Death and he's about to break all the rules.




This was the first book I've read by Abbi Glines and it will not be the last. I read it in two sittings would have been one but I gotta sleep sometime.
First of all I love that cover, I know don't judge a book by its cover what can I say I'm a visual person. I liked the concept of this book, a love story involving Death himself alight I'm listening. Existence was able to get my attention early and hold it through the whole book. Now about the characters, For the most part I liked Pagan she's relatively smart and kind and definitely loyal to her friends but there were a couple of things that bothered me I didn't like how she strung Leif along, if you don't feel the same don't give out false hope. I also didn't like her breakdown form her "break up" with Dank, I get the whole all consuming true love thing I really do but ending up in a nut house because of it is a little extreme and made her seem weak. Leif...I was rooting for him not so much for him and Pagan to be together but more for him not to end up hurt. He's a nice guy and seemed to really care for Pagan. Dank hmm if I knew death was that hot I would have been playing out in traffic years ago. The guy just oozes hotness, plus any guy with a guitar is golden in my book. He is very stand offish and I didn't understand the sense of having him be with Kendra when we all know it's Pagan he wants. I love the chemistry between Pagan and Dank, that bedroom scene wow just wow there's some serious heat there. Existence had some interesting twist and turns that made sure no part of the story was boring. The cliffhanger ending made instantly start reading the sequel Predestined, well played Ms. Glines well played.







No comments:

Post a Comment