Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Meeting Destiny (Destiny #1) - Nancy Straight

Lauren is visited in her dreams for years by a stranger claiming to be her destiny. Destiny becomes reality when paths cross during a failed robbery attempt. Lauren and the stranger experience chemistry like no other and now her doubt over her long time relationship with her high school sweetheart is not her only secret…someone else knows about her keen intuition and sixth sense.A mysterious clairvoyant seeks Lauren out and tells her not only of her life now but what the future may hold. Soon Lauren is in the middle of a murder investigation and a questionable friendship with the key suspect. Law enforcement, friends and family are concerned for Lauren but unfortunately they are unaware of the true danger…Sinister forces are at work and will stop at nothing to destroy Lauren’s abilities.

To be honest I didn't have high expectations for this, but after a few pages I could not put it down. This book has a little bit of everything murder, mystery, action, paranormal, and a whole lot of romance. There is a lot that goes on in Meeting Destiny it starts off fast and doesn't really slow down. The main character, Lauren, works at a fast food joint, and she has always been to feel things, and get warnings of danger, which makes it easy for her to read people's intentions. She has dreams about a stranger who tells her he is her destiny.
This is a paranormal romance series even though this book just kinda touches on the paranormal side of things it's more of a slow build to the paranormal aspects. (maybe I'm just to use to my vampires, werewolves, and fallen angels) The characters for the most part are likable. although Lauren at times seem a little needy, and Max and Seth act kinda childish.(men!) The story had a really nice pace, it didn't drag and it didn't rush the story, there was always enough going on to keep me from putting it down. The romance between Lauren and Max is the only thing to me that seem maybe a little rushed but you know who needs to really get to know each other when you're when you're soul mates and it's destiny and all that jazz. There were some question left at the end, however which I hope I get the answers to by the end of the series. The ending; what can I say I could not have seen it coming from a mile away, I immediately downloaded the second book and started reading it.
All in all Meeting Destiny was a great and pretty easy read. It was a nice step out of my comfort zone from what I normally read and I can't wait to finish the series this weekend after my move.






1 comment:

  1. Hi Megan! Thanks so much for the review!! I can't wait to hear what you think of Destiny's Revenge & Destiny's Wrath!! Appreciate you sharing your review with everyone on your blog!

    ReplyDelete